Thursday, January 3, 2013
The Grooviest People of 2012 (and the Worst)
The following are my favorite people of the year:
10) Nate Silver for successfully predicting the Presidential Election (and he's gay!).
9) Cris Alexander & Shaun O'Brien for being a groovy gay couple for 62 years (the 92-year-old portrait photographer/Broadway actor and the 86-year-old former New York City Ballet dancer died less than two weeks apart in 2012).
8) John Unger for loving his dog Schoep (after their photo went viral, Unger received over $25,000 in donations to save Schoep's life).
7) Gabby Giffords for continuing to be such an amazing inspiration.
6) Newark Mayor Cory Booker for his support of gay marriage.
5) Straight professional football players Chris Kluwe and Brendon Ayanbadejo for their support of gay marriage.
4) Sgt. Brandon Morgan and his boyfriend Dalan Wells for giving us the Best Kiss of 2012.
3) Ellen DeGeneres for being the grooviest spokesperson for JC Penney.
2) Sally Field for being the Grooviest Mother of the Year (she received HRC's Ally for Equality Award in 2012).
The Grooviest Person of 2012: A tie between Barack Obama & Joe Biden for their support of gay marriage AND for continuing to be our President and Vice President for the next four years!
Now here are my Worst People of 2012:
10) Poster boy for bad plastic surgery and has-been actor Rupert Everett who criticized gay parenting.
9) Anti-gay advocate and has-been actor Kirk Cameron
8) Conservative group One Million Moms
7) Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy
6) Indiana State Treasurer Richard Mourdock
5) Former Missouri Representative Todd Akin
4) National Organization for Marriage President Brian Brown
3) Rush Limbaugh
2) Donald Trump
1) Mitt Romney & Paul Ryan
And, finally, here are some groovy people who sadly left us in 2012 (click on a name to read my tribute to them):
Helen Gurley Brown
Robert B. Sherman