Friday, July 29, 2016
The Groovy List is with THEM!
The Groovy List is a weekly Top 10 of recommended videos featuring pop culture, politics and gorgeous guys:
1) Groovy 45th President and 48th Vice-President: Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine
Listen to their speeches at the 2016 Democratic National Convention.
2) Groovy 44th President and 47th Vice-President: Barack Obama and Joe Biden
Listen to their speeches at the DNC.
3) Groovy First Lady: Michelle Obama
I think she delivered the best speech of the DNC.
4) Groovy Speakers: Michael Bloomberg, Martin O'Malley and Khizr Khan
The former mayor of New York City and the former governor of Maryland both spoke at the DNC. And Mr. Khan, the father of a deceased Army Captain, also spoke.
5) Groovy Couple: Mark Kelly and Gabrielle Giffords
The couple addressed gun violence at the DNC.
6) Groovy Sarahs: Ms. McBride and Ms. Silverman
Sarah McBride became the first openly transgender speaker at a major political convention - and she was introduced by Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney, the first openly gay person elected to Congress from New York. Comedian Sarah Silverman also spoke at the DNC.
7) Groovy Movie Star: Meryl Streep
The actress spoke at the DNC.
8) Groovy Music featuring Cagney & Lacey
Broadway stars - including Audra McDonald, Idina Menzel and Tyne Daly (along with her TV co-star Sharon Gless) - perform 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at the DNC.
9) Groovy State Representative: Brian Sims
The openly gay Pennsylvania State Representative, who attended a fundraiser for Equality Pa. during the DNC, talks about Hillary Clinton and shares his favorite Philly words and phrases with PennLive.
10) Groovy Girls: Lorelai and Rory Gilmore
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, a four-part event, premieres November 25 on Netflix.